Knowing the “state of mind” of the group is powerful for collaboration, problem solving,
checking for understanding, getting feedback and focusing conversation.
Educators with Edge
The best part of being in the classroom is to be interacting with classmates, actively learning and engaging in the topic. So ask the question, and watch the class work and play with suggestions and ideas. Not only do they have to think of their own answers, they also assess suggestions. Both you and the class can instantly see what the class results for reflection and learning.
Curriculum planning What areas of this subject would you like to explore next term? Pre and post knowledge assessment What do you already know about what the requirements are to starting a business? Reflection exercises after completion Reflect on where your map and the group map are the same and different.Why do you think this is the case? Revision and exam preparation What are the key issues and points around subject X?What are the key things to remember when doing an exam? Collaborative questioning What questions do you have about the literature review? Case study examination What are the main ethical issues surrounding this case? Subject specific questions Which formula would you apply to this situation?What are the key messages in this poem?
How does the human body deal with infection?
- Creates student centered and collective learning with peer to peer engagement.
- Easy for students to login and simple to administer.
- Advanced map controls that allow you to manage and monitor student input.
- Automatically generates reports that shows individual participation and engagement for assessment purposes.
- Provides immediate feedback to individuals and allow comparison against the group outcomes.
- Compare results between classes or allow one class to build on the content of another.
- Find out if the class is on track and understands the subject matter or if they are off course.
Special education pricing is available. Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Better Business Outcomes
Get your work colleagues together and problem solve everything from where to have the next team lunch through to what are the key barriers to reaching your strategic vision. Each person can participate in the process, share and exchange ideas in a flash, and work together to build the group perspective. This helps to reduce groupthink and ensures that ideas are based on their merit.
Strategic planning workshops What are the PEST trends that will impact our business? Agenda planning What are the current key priorities? Team planning days Where do we see our business in 5 years time? Continuous improvement meetings What should we stop, start and continue? Retrospectives and learning meetings What did we learn from the project outcomes? Creativity and innovation workshops What should be the key features of this product? Issue resolution How can we improve our production by 20%?
- Reveals the things that are important to your business and where you should be focusing your time and energy.
- Produces a collaborative and sharing culture for work teams, improving engagement and morale.
- Provides valuable information on key priorities, supported ideas and the level of consensus.
- Helps to reduce group communication barriers like bulldozing, rabbit holing and reticence.
- Instantly produces reports on team activity and participation for effective workforce management.
- Save time and reduce feedback lag associated with manual collation.
Effective Facilitation and Stakeholder Consultation
Getting a group of people to build consensus is a key challenge. Need a way to get people to state their problems, identify solutions, overcome barriers and agree on the way forward? Groupmap is an efficient and effective tool for group facilitation, consultation and collaboration. Ideas are generated and shared with everyone in the room who has equal say in the outcome. The final result can then be shared with the client principle, as well as all participants. Best of all, it happens quickly which increases your value and effectiveness so you can solve more problems for your clients in less time.
Problem identification What are some of the `real` issues you are facing now? SWOT analysis What are the key opportunities available to us ? PEST analysis What trends in technology will impact the way we do business? 5W, 1H (why, what, who, when, where, how) Consider this issues using the 5W, 1H model. Risk assessment What are the key risks and strategies to manage those risks? Cause and effect Identify some recent effects you have experienced? What caused this? Thinking hats and shoes (Edward De Bono) Consider this issue from the 6 thinking hats/ shoes approach.
- Provides flexibility and function for a range of facilitation techniques and questioning styles.
- Easy pilot/ passenger settings to manage group activity and dynamics.
- Provides valuable information for decision making based on key priorities, supported ideas and level of consensus.
- Allows individuals to develop their own perspective but to also quickly see the overall group perspective.
- Instantly produce reports for analysis.
- Removes manual collation and feedback lag.
- Easy to use means less time training, and more time thinking.