Throughout this document, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The following is a non-exhaustive list of definitions of words and phrases found in this document:
- “GroupMap” refers to our company, known as “GroupMap Technology Pty Ltd”; our Site, which is located at www.GroupMap.com; or our Service, which includes our Site as well as any software or other services provided by GroupMap; or a combination of some or all of the three aforementioned things, depending on the context of the word;
- “Service” refers to our Site, and the services that we provide through our Site, including our brainstorming software and any other software that we may provide;
- “Site” refers to our website, www.GroupMap.com;
- “User” refers to anyone who purchases our Service, as well as general visitors to our Site;
3. Information Collected
Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
- Enhance or improve User experience, our Site, or our Service.
- Process transactions.
- Send e-mails about our Site or respond to inquiries.
- Send e-mails and updates about GroupMap, including a newsletter.
- Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Users may in some cases be able to review and edit the personal information they have provided to us by logging into your account on the Site and editing their account. (e.g. name change) Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database.
7. Third Party Websites
We may sometimes post links to third party websites on our Site. Additionally, other Users, such as those you may brainstorm or hold discussions with, may also post links to third party websites or files. These third party websites and files are not screened for privacy or security issues (such as to determine how they collect your information or whether they have malicious software) by GroupMap, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an Agreement with GroupMap to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
Without limiting the generality of this section, you authorize us to use:
- Help Scout, to collect feedback and queries.
- Braintree Payments, to collect payment details.
- Amazon Web Services, to collect and store information.
9. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times it may become necessary, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other legal matter. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities or acts of terrorism. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
It is in our best interest and our clients to keep our website and content of maps secure. While we recommend you use standard anti-virus software, firewalls, and other general precautions such as the protection of passwords to protect yourself from security rights, we also take the following measures to enhance the security of our Site and Service.
- 124 Bit SSL Certificates
- PCI DSS-compliant hosting and transaction processing
- Comply with Amazon Web Services hosting services
- Individual map passwords which can be regenerated by the end user
- Access restriction to GroupMap staff to client created maps
For full security features, please see here.
12. Your Privacy Rights
Individuals under 16 years of age are not allowed to use our Service without appropriate supervision of an adult or suitable guardian. If you become aware of a User who is under the required age to use our Service, please notify us at info@GroupMap.com, and provide us with full details as to why you believe they are below that age and we will address the issue. If you are a User who is reported in this manner, we may require you to provide suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government identification, in order to continue using our Site and/or Service.
14. International Transfer
If you are located in the European Union, please note that Amazon Web Services, Inc., which provides our hosting and information storage services, is fully-compliant with the European Union’s Data Protection Directive as a result of being a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. For more information, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/.
Last Modified: June 05, 2016